Post Graduate Specialized Grants
All requests for Postgraduate Specialized Grants must be submitted in writing by the requesting organization directly to Alcon via the submission portal. To determine eligibility for the Postgraduate Specialized Grants from the Independent Medical Education Grant Office (IME), please complete the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
Please note the following general guidelines for Postgraduate Specialized Grants:
- Requesting organization must be tax exempt or government affiliated
- Organization should be an accredited ophthalmology program (ACGME or CanERA)
- Requests are limited to one grant per University for each academic year.
The submission must include the following information about the organization:
- Organization’s name, address, phone number that coordinates with the W9 (for US institutions) or that coordinates with the Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Existence (for Canadian institutions).
- Lead contact at requesting organization with phone number and email address for follow up.
- Letter of Request on School’s letterhead signed by the chair.
The submission must include the following information about the request:
- Program Budget
- Course Syllabus
- Educational Objectives
- Post Event Outcomes Measurement Plan
- Request is reviewed by the IME Grant Office
- Notification will be provided within 5 business days determining whether request will be accepted for consideration
- Status of requests will be provided to applicants in January, April, July, and October
- Accepted requests will remain active unless notified otherwise by requesting party