All requests for equipment placement must be submitted in writing by the requesting organization directly to Alcon via the submission portal. To determine eligibility for an educational grant for equipment placement from the Academic and Independent Medical Education Grant Office, please complete the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
Please note the following guidelines for equipment placement:
- Equipment is for non-clinical use only in North America
- Requesting organization must be tax exempt or government affiliated
- Organization should be listed on the ACGME or CanERA site as an accredited ophthalmology program
- Individual physicians and/or private practice groups are not eligible
- Approval of equipment placement will be communicated only when actual piece of equipment is ready for delivery – Availability of equipment is limited and placement will be priority based on assessment of educational need.
Commercial associates do not make determination of educational need or placement of equipment.
The submission must include the following information:
- Organization’s name, address, phone number that coordinates with the tax identification number
- Lead contact at requesting organization with phone number and email address for follow up
- What equipment is being requested and verification that it will be for non-clinical use only in a teaching environment
- Request is reviewed by the Academic and Independent Medical Education Grant Office division within Alcon
- Notification will be provided within 5 business days determining whether request will be accepted for consideration
- Status of requests will be provided to applicants on March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1
- Accepted requests will remain active unless notified by requesting party
A request does not guarantee a unit will be approved and placed.